Monday, July 22, 2013

Number Theory Rules......What??





 When I first heard of the number theory rules I was AMAZED!! I could not believe I was not taught this in school. Now I have the pleasure of teaching sixth graders these rules to help make math easier for them. Tricks that help math become easier is awesome. Like the nines trick on your fingers.....genius, and now the number theory rules.





Although the number theory rules don't give an exact answer they do help make math work less time consuming. In school I hated playing around with numbers to figure out if a certain number can divide into another number. Now I have a way to do that quicker. 

Learning these number rules takes practice. Students should not be overwhelmed with rules. A couple rules at a time per day might help, and then practicing those rules with games and visual aids. The following site has a fun game that practices putting the rules to the test.
Divisibility Games







 I look forward to more rules and tricks to help make math less time consuming for everyone.




No comments:

Post a Comment